24 January 2010

One Twenty-Four Eighty-Eight

There are no words for how I am feeling right now.
Oh wait, yes there are:

Loved.
Surrounded.
Humbled.
Loved.
Treasured.
Understood.
Loved.

Today I was showered with love on all sides, with many of my most favorite things: people singing happy birthday in my voicemail in French, (well, at least once - I still appreciated it in English!) and surprise ice skating trips, and red velvet cupcakes, and people photoshopping me into pictures with Michelle Kwan, and blisters from birthday shoes, and astoundingly thoughtful gifts, and sangria, and books, and m&ms, and Sermet's sweet potato fries (and that blessed salmon salad), and prayer, and texas sheetcake (and strawberries and vanilla ice cream duh) and sweet words, and friendship and laughter and I'm getting carried away.

After all that here I am, sitting in my bed alone pondering all of the blessings I have in my life, and it just started to rain. And then it started to pour. And then it started to thunder. (Key detail to understanding the rest of this: I. Love. Thunderstorms. In a giddy sort of way.)

This, I understand, is my birthday present from Him. In that one peal of thunder I heard and understood the Lord's love for me. I heard and understood that all of these blessings came directly from Him. I heard and understood that He somehow believes I am deserving of these blessings. I heard and understood that for some inexplicable reason, I matter to Him. I hear, and I understand that I am humbled. I am grateful. And I am in awe of the mercy and grace He has showered over me.

1 comment:

  1. Your beauty surpasses that which I am able to articulate.

    I adore you, Meredith Carter.

    It is a joy and privilege to know you; to exalt our King together with these lives He has given us!!

    May this year be even sweeter than the last.

    ReplyDelete