15 January 2010
Bliss
Last semester I took this awful class that was filled to the brim with cynics, which wouldn't have been all that terrible but for the fact that the professor at the helm of our discussions was a lame duck if I've ever met one. Considering the man gave us study guides with 25 bullet points before every one of our 25 question tests, the class was not all that... well, riveting. Let's just say that as long as you went to class the day he handed out the study guide, and were willing to put half an iota of energy into finding the answers, you were set. So needless to say, being that I am an avid people watcher, I found something other than my professor to divert myself every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 to 10:50 in the morning. Amidst the ever so opinionated and assertive members of my class, I found one very intriguing girl. Lets just say she was hard to miss. While she was beautiful, funny, loud, tall (humph), a cute-if-over-accessorized dresser, intelligent, and so forth - I bypassed all of these things to fixate on one thing. Every morning this girl would waltz into class fashionably late (I'm pretty sure no one has ever told her that rule does not apply to classes- moreover she never seemed the least bit frazzled by her lateness, whereas when I come to class late I usually slam the door, drop my notebook, have trouble finding an empty seat, and then sit there with my stomach growling for the whole class to hear because obviously, if I don't have time to brush my ridiculous hair, I don't have time for my multigrain cheerios) with a delicious and nutritious looking smoothie in tow. And this was no ordinary smoothie either; no it was most painfully obvious to me that this fortunate girl was in possession of a miraculous little thing I feel is perfection beyond words, but the rest of the world knows as The Magic Bullet. Ugh, I will not lie I totally coveted that girls sleek little cup with the convenient handle and removable lid (which I'm pretty sure she color coordinated with her outfits, and I'll admit thats a bit of a stretch. But I'll also admit thats just the sort of thing I would do). Anyhow when my mom texted me for my Christmas list early in December you can be sure that I sent back MAGIC BULLET without delay. And guess what, Santa found me! Or rather, my aunt and uncle found me. To put it simply the Magic Bullet, in all its 17 piece glory, is living up to its name. I skipped into class the other day with my vitamin packed and scrumptious smoothie, on time and with a head full of hair in somewhat respectable order. And yes, I matched the lid to my outfit. Heck, why not!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment