How then, you ask, do I know he loves Twilight? Because - - because he looks exactly like the werewolf character in the new one that everyone is freaking out about. I mean it - from his obvious Native American heritage right down to his long black locks, the kid is the spitting image of the boy all over the posters. And he knows it. And he loves it.
I would venture to bet that he brings in extra revenue to his location, just because all the girls are lining up to have him serve their coffee. I bet other girls giggle at his bad jokes. I bet he thinks, "man, maybe I could get TSwift too!" I bet he thanks his lucky stars when he wakes up every morning that some lady named Stephanie happened to have some weird dream and write a cheesy book that turned into a inexplicable phenomenon that produced a movie that happened to include a fictional character based on a fictional idea that was cast to an actor that happened to resemble him.
What werewolf boy didn't realize was that I am not a Twilight fan. Therefore simply flashing me a grin and saying "Oh would it be okay if you got an Americano instead of a Decaf, because I will have to make a whole new pot" did not overpower me in the way it does his usual customer. He probably had to reevaluate his whole life view after I didn't go weak at the knees and beg him to make me an Americano instead. Sadly, because I am human and I assume the speaker has a good reason, my immediate response to the word "because" is "okay, sure"(hmm maybe I did learn something in Social Psych after all...). But I wasn't cute about it. In fact he probably thought I was a vampire because that would be the only logical explanation for my aversion to his werewolfy-ness.

No comments:
Post a Comment